Make Your Summer Count
We're always looking for people who are passionate about making disciples who make disciples to join our Leadership Team. If you're interested in joining our team year-round, find more info about our current open positions below.
If you’re looking for a way to develop your leadership skills, we also offer a year-long Residency & Internship Program working alongside of few of our key Leadership Team members.
Staff Development Director
Primary Focus: Developing a summer staff team that lives out the mission and values of the organization in their leadership.
Camp Operations Director
Primary Focus: Leading the Camp Operations Team to create an excellent camp experience that reflects our values for campers, their parents, summer staff, and church partners.
Support Services Director
Primary Focus: Leading the Support Services Team to provide critical assistance in the growth, development, and health of the whole organization.
Bookkeeper & Office administrator
Primary Focus: Creating and recording financial transactions to aid the decision making process of our Leadership Team through accurate and timely financial reports.
residency & Internship PRogram
The Camp of Champion USA Residency & Internship Program is a one-year leadership training program designed to give you hands on experience working with the Camp Leadership Staff to prepare and execute an excellent summer camp program. As a part of this program, you will receive personal coaching, leadership development, and professional skills training to equip you for a lifetime of disciple-making.
Each position can be tailored to a Residency (full-time) or an Internship (part-time) depending on your situation. The skill set & experience requirements vary for each position, so please click on each position listed below to read through the position summaries and see if you’d be a good fit!
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN:
- Primary Focus: Creating written and visual messages that consistently communicate the mission and values of Camp of Champions in engaging ways.
- Social media management and content creation
- Production design and copy writing as assigned by Marketing Director
- Tracks web and social media analytics
- Participate in brand audit
- Collect and organize brand assets
- Work with the Marketing Director to create marketing collateral for summer camp
- Assist in recruiting and hiring additional Marketing Interns as needed
- Take photos and video of Camp activities
- Organize library of digital content
KEY RESULT AREAS
- All communication is consistent in tone and style both visually and in writing.
- Camp staff, families, donors, and supporters feel constantly connected to the mission of camp through a steady stream of relevant and engaging content.
- Primary Focus: Processing, selecting, and onboarding, and placing the best people for the summer staff team.
- Process all incoming staff applications, moving appropriate candidates through the hiring process.
- Work with the Staff Development Director to make final hiring decisions.
- Once staff are hired, onboard new team members to all necessary processes and tools.
- Collect, enter, and organize all documents and data related to hiring (e.g. tax forms, emergency contact information, Statement of Faith, etc.)
- Work with the Staff Development Director to determine assessment criteria and best practices for selecting team members - applications, references, interviews, etc.
- Coordinate details for personal interviews and interview sessions.
- Prepare and execute personal interviews and interview sessions.
- Take the lead on scheduling staff shifts for summer camp.
- Oversee staff scheduling, including time off requests, sick-time, and finding replacements
- Assist Regional Directors and Site Directors in assigning staff members to groups to promote healthy team dynamics
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Each new applicant is personally contacted and knows exactly what to expect about the hiring process.
- Each applicant is effectively guided through each stage of the hiring process.
- All interactions that applicants have with Camp of Champions USA clearly reflect our values.
- Interviews are both fun for applicants and useful for Camp Leadership in making hiring decisions.
- All hired documents are well organized, easily & quickly accessible, and always up-to-date.
- Hired staff members know their work schedules for the entire summer before their first day.
+ NON-PROFIT FUNDRAISING
- Primary Focus: Keeping Camp’s base of donors and supporters engaged throughout the year through strategic communication and opportunities to give.
- Communicate regularly with Camp’s donors through email, social media, mailings, and other appropriate channels
- Enter all incoming donations into the donor database, providing accurate and timely reports to the Leadership Team as needed
- Work with Fundraising Director and Camp Operations Director to plan and direct volunteer initiatives (formerly called “Backers”)
- Assist the Fundraising Director to plan & execute a donor appreciation event/campaign
- Write and submit at least one grant proposal that will benefit the ministry of Camp
- Assist the Fundraising Director to plan & execute a donor-retention event (i.e. Chili Supper)
- Prepare fundraising campaign details for summer camp
- Assist the Fundraising Director to plan and execute a donor acquisition event (i.e. Summer Staff Fundraiser)
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Maintains a healthy and engaged donor base through regular communication and engagements.
- Manages the donor database, keeping all information up to date.
- Cultivates relationships with current and potential donors.
+ CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Primary Focus: Each parent we serve feels confident about the excellent level of care we provide because of our proactive, prompt, compassionate service.
- Set up online registration for School Year Programs and Summer Camp.
- Respond to all incoming communication from returning families & new leads.
- Develop personal connection points with last summers’ families.
- Implement welcome/onboarding communication plan (specific focus on leads).
- Process incoming registrations.
- Oversee account schedule adjustments & camper account management.
- Answer & address parent phone calls, emails, and customer service issues.
- Collect & process payments.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- All incoming parent communication to the Camp of Champions office (phone calls, emails, and in-person visits) is dealt with compassionately and promptly.
- Families that are new to Camp of Champions feel completely confident about sending their child(ren) to Camp.
- Returning families continue to love our program because of the level of customer service we provide them.
- The Leadership Team (including Regional Directors during the summer) are equipped with all the information they need to quickly resolve any customer service issues.
+ CAMP PROGRAM - DISCIPLESHIP/ACTIVITIES
- Primary Focus: Ensuring that staff members are equipped with excellent resources to keep campers engaged all day through safe, fun, and Jesus-centered activities.
- Programming - Discipleship
- Create and implement a plan for presenting the Gospel at Camp and following up with campers who respond, including training on Gospel presentation methods, relational evangelism, inviting parents into the process, and connecting them to church partners.
- Design Spiritual Development strategies, including Character Awards, memory verses, praying with campers, debrief conversations, and resources for parents to disciple at home.
- Assist the Program Director in creating the discipleship curriculum for summer camp, including all relevant content for daily Assemblies and Group Times.
- Programming - Activities & Logistics
- Work with the Program Director to design the weekly program schedule, including times, transitions, and activities.
- Create the resources and instructions for summer staff to effectively lead each activity.
- Manage, organize, purchase, and deliver the Site Inventory for each camp location, including rotating activities such as Camp Adventures and Skills.
- Plan and organize the field trip and bus schedule for summer camp.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Summer staff members are perfectly equipped with the resources they need to effectively lead each activity on the schedule.
- Campers love coming to Camp and rave to their parents about how much fun they’re having and how they are growing in their faith.
click Below to Apply
for a residency or internship
Don't see the position for you?
We'd still love to hear from you! Send us an email and let us know how your gifts and skills can take Camp to the next level. We might not have the position (yet), but we want to keep you in mind as we grow.